Thursday, April 12, 2012
10 Things I would tell my kids about me if I were their sibling, not their parent
1. If Mom tells you to do something, and you don't do it, just steer clear of her. Don't let her see you doing "nothing" because if she sees that, she's just gonna ask you if you did that thing you were supposed to.
2. If you don't do the thing she tells you to do, don't make up an excuse. Just say "sorry" and say, "I'm going to do it right now!" Then go real slow. Take your time.
3. Don't finish your chores TOO quickly or else she will give you a bunch more. Learn how to stretch them out.
4. Even if the food is gross, try to eat a bite of it. And when you do, say something like, "well, I don't like this but now that I've tried it, at least I know what it tastes like."
5. When mom has that crazy look in her eye, just go in another room. And don't ask for anything.
6. If you see a pot on the stove and something is cooking, don't ask for a snack.
7. If you have a snack & want to sneak it, eat it outside where a)crumbs will fall, and b) you can hide the evidence in the outside trash can.
8. Instead of fighting with all of our siblings, we should join forces to back each other up & keep each others' secrets.
9. When you're talking to mom, don't ever start a sentence with "Mom, you forgot to..." because that's just asking her to yell at you.
10. When you're riding in the front seat of the minivan, do NOT touch the radio dials. Just don't. Ditto for the air conditioner controls.
Posted by Gretchen at 8:16 AM